Please click organisational titles to go to their websites.

If you have concerns about somebody being in immediate danger please contact the relevant bodies below or call the police on 999.

Children’s Safeguarding

Children’s Advice & Support Service (CASS)

Safeguarding and promoting welfare means:

  • Protecting children from maltreatment,
  • preventing impairment of children’s health or development,
  • ensuring children and young people are growing in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
  • taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances.

(from Children’s Safeguarding Board) If you have any concerns about the safety and/or welfare of a child or young person, please contact Children’s Advice & Support Service (CASS) on 0121 303 1888.

Adult’s Safeguarding

Birmingham Adults and Communities Access Point

Members of the public can report a concern of an adult with care and support needs to Birmingham City Council in the following ways:

  • Visiting the new website and completing a form here.
  • Email:
  • Telephone: 0121 303 1234
  • Text Relay: dial 18001 followed by the full national phone number

If you feel someone is in immediate danger, call 999. Otherwise, report crimes to West Midlands Police by calling 101.

Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board

The safeguarding duties apply to an adult who:

  • has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and;
  • is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect; and
  • as a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of abuse or neglect.

These adults for example may be:

  • Frail due to age, ill health, physical disability or cognitive impairment, or a combination of these
  • Have a learning disability
  • Have a physical disability and/or a sensory impairment
  • Have mental health needs including dementia or a personality disorder
  • Have a long-term illness/condition
  • Users of substances or alcohol
  • Unable to demonstrate the capacity to make a decision and is in need of care and support.

(from Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board). If you have any concerns about the safety and/or welfare of an adult, please contact Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board.

Contact us

  • You can call the office on 0800 652 5278 or 0121 636 0990 complete the form below and we’ll be in touch. By providing your contact details you consent to Healthwatch Birmingham getting in touch with you. We take the protection of your data very seriously. If you agree to give us your name and contact details, we will keep your information secure and manage this in accordance with the law and with our Privacy Policy. You can find a copy of this at
  • Accepted file types: jpg, png, jpeg, gif, Max. file size: 100 MB.
    JPG, JPEG, PNG and GIF images only
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.