Find out who to contact if you’re worried about someone.  Please call the police on 999 if you have concerns that somebody is immediate danger.

Child Safeguarding

Children’s Advice and Support Service (CASS)

The Children’s Advice and Support Service (CASS) provides a single point of contact for professionals and members of the public who want to access support or raise concerns about a child.

If you are concerned about a child please contact CASS who will listen, assess your concerns and can take action if a child is at risk.

If you have any concerns about the safety and/or welfare of a child or young person, please contact Children’s Advice & Support Service (CASS) on 0121 303 1888.

Adult Safeguarding

Birmingham Adults and Communities Access Point

You  can report a concern about the abuse or neglect of an adult with care and support needs to Birmingham City Council by:

Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board

Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board helps and safeguards adults with care and support needs e.g physical disabilities, mental health conditions, substance abuse issues. Find more information about reporting abuse.

If you need help understanding the right organisation to support you please contact us by email on or call (freephone) 0800 652 5278

Advocacy, patient rights and safeguarding

Getting advocacy support

Find an advocate to help you with things like getting information about treatments or making complaints.

Find out more

Understanding your patient rights

Find out about your legal rights when using health and social care services.

Find out more