2nd SEND parent and carer survey
Birmingham City Council, Birmingham CCG, Birmingham Children’s Trust and Birmingham Community Healthcare Foundation NHS Trust is working together to deliver a new and improved SEND service over the next 18 months.
They would like to hear your views. Complete the survey by the 14th June 2019.
Since the first survey took place in November 2018 there have been improvements in:
- Customer service and responding to email and phone calls
- How all services are contributing to Education Care and Health Plans
- The way the ‘voice’ of young people is heard in understanding their ambitions
- The way staff are trained
- How young people aged 14 and above are supported to become young adults
- The launch of a new Parent and Carer Forum
- How we are working with parents and carers, and listening to the feedback that they give us.
- Investment in NHS therapy services to reduce waiting times, and improved support whilst children are waiting.
- The way complaints are managed and how we are learning from complaints
They are keen to understand how these changes have impacted on children and families.