Proposals for NHS Commissioning in Birmingham and Solihull
Three Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in Birmingham and Solihull are seeking your views on options for changing the way NHS commissioning is arranged in the area.
NHS commissioning is the process of planning, agreeing and monitoring health services.
The three commissioning organisations in Birmingham and Solihull are:
• NHS Birmingham CrossCity Clinical Commissioning Group
• NHS Birmingham South Central Clinical Commissioning Group
• NHS Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group
There are three options being discussed during the consultation:
- Staying as three separate CCGs, but establishing a shared management team, governance and decision making.
- A single CCG for Birmingham and a single CCG for Solihull, and establish joint working arrangements with Solihull CCG with single management teams, joint processes and committees.
- A full functional organisational merger – one single CCG for Birmingham and Solihull
The consultation will run for six weeks from 10 July to 18 August 2017. Find out more, access consultation documents and share your views by visiting: http://bhamcrosscityccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/consultations-and-surveys
There will be free public events in Birmingham and Solihull, so that local people can come along to discuss the proposals, ask questions and give comments, ideas and suggestions.
- St. Barnabas Church, Erdington – 19th July
- The Renewal Centre, Solihull – 25th July
- Saffron Centre, Moseley Road – 2nd August
- Solihull College – 8th August
You can find out more about the events within the consultation documents.