Work, Health and Disability Consultation
From the Department of Health
The Work, Health, Disability consultation is seeking views on what it will take to transform employment prospects for disabled people and people with long-term health conditions. The consultation aims to understand why disabled people and people with health conditions might be unable to get a job or keep one, and to recognise the wide range of conditions and circumstances they face.
Many disabled people and people with long-term health conditions already work and many more want access to the benefits that work can bring. The consultation wants to understand how to improve the system to make this possible.
They want to hear views from a range of respondents:
- people with health conditions and disabled people
- both large and small employers
- employability professionals
- health and care professionals
- families, friends, teachers and carers
- local leaders and commissioners in health, social care and local authorities
- voluntary and community organisations
The consultation closes on the 17th February 2017.
Find out more and share your views here