Care Quality Commission Adult Inpatient Survey 2015
From the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The CQC have released the results of their latest analysis, which looks at the experiences of adult patients in hospital.
he results of the 2015 inpatient survey indicate that there have been small, but statistically significant improvements in a number of questions, compared with results dating back to the 2014, 2011 and 2006 surveys. This includes patients’ perceptions of:
- the quality of communication between medical professionals (doctors and nurses) and patients
- the standards of hospital cleanliness
- the availability of help to eat when needed
- the number of nurses on duty
- being involved in decisions about their care and treatment.
However, the results also indicate that some questions around being discharged from hospital have been less positive.