Care Quality Commission announces update on next phase of regulation
From the Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has launched their second consultation on their proposed changes to the way they regulate health and social care services. It includes new proposals for how primary care services such as GPs and dentists, and adult social care services like care homes will be regulated.
- The consultation is open until the 8th August 2017.
- You can share your views by visiting: http://www.cqc.org.uk/get-involved/consultations/our-next-phase-regulation-consultation-2
The proposals also include:
- The frequency and intensity of inspections and how they monitor, provide and gather intelligence.
- Improvements to the structure of registration and their definition of ‘registered providers’.
- Further information on how they will monitor, inspect and rate new models of care and large or complex providers.
Find out more information at http://www.cqc.org.uk/news/stories/tell-us-your-views-our-next-phase-regulation
They have also published the response to their December consultation on their next phase of regulation which you can read at: http://www.cqc.org.uk/get-involved/consultations/our-next-phase-regulation-consultation-1