CQC publish state of general practice 2014 – 2017
- Findings highlight that nearly 90% of general practices in England have been rated as ‘good’, making this the highest performing sector CQC regulates.
- The CQC has found that at the end of its first inspection programme of general practices when many had been re-inspected, 4% were rated ’outstanding’, 86% were ’good’, 8% were ‘requires improvement’ and 2% were ‘inadequate’ overall.
- This is an improvement from the first ratings awarded to general practices (prior to any re-inspections) when overall, 4% were ‘outstanding’, 79% were ‘good’, 13% were ‘requires improvement’ and 4% were ‘inadequate’.
With GPs facing ongoing pressures around capacity, patient demand and workload and at a time of service redesign, the best general practices are driving change and embracing innovation to make sure they are able to deliver even better care into the future.
CQC’s regulation of primary care is supporting people to receive better care in general practice by setting clear standards of quality and safety and ensuring providers meet them, by sharing examples of what is working well, and by encouraging extra support for the sector through the General Practice Forward View.
For more information, including access to the full report, click here.
What are your experiences of Birmingham GPs?
Healthwatch Birmingham is encouraging all patients in Birmingham to share their experiences of their local GP service. Whether it’s good, or not so good, your feedback can help build a more accurate picture of the quality of services across the city. It is also vital in making sure your views are taken into account, and used to drive service improvement for patients.
Share your experiences by:
- Rating specific services on our Feedback Centre on our website. You can even see what other patients are saying about GPs in Birmingham.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: 0800 652 5278.
- You can feedback anonymously.