New standards for pharmacy professionals are now in effect
From the General Pharmaceutical Council.
The General Pharmaceutical Council have published new standards for pharmacy professionals which came into effect on the 12th May 2017. All pharmacy professionals in Great Britain will have to meet new standards.
The nine standards describe how safe and effective care is delivered through person-centred professionalism, and replace the standards of conduct, ethics and performance. They are a standard of what is expected of professionals.
Find out more and view the standards here. This link also includes a short video explaining the new standards.
The nine standards state that pharmacy professionals must:
- provide person-centred care
- work in partnership with others
- communicate effectively
- maintain, develop and use their professional knowledge and skills
- use professional judgement
- behave in a professional manner
- respect and maintain the person’s confidentiality and privacy
- speak up when they have concerns or when things go wrong
- demonstrate leadership