We’re recruiting for new Non-Executive Directors and Chair
Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull are the independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the public and patient’s experiences of using local health and social care services. This includes services like GPs, pharmacists, hospitals, dentists, care homes and community based care. We gather, analyse and act upon the feedback provided by patients and the public in the city, and use this to drive improvement in local Health and Social Care Services.
Our organisation is going from strength to strength, with our work resulting in more and more positive change for people who live and work in Birmingham and Solihull. The primary purpose of the Board is to maintain a strategic role in governing Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull. The Board has oversight, leadership and accountability in ensuring compliance with the organisation’s values and objects.
Meeting quarterly, our Board is critical to our growth and we have a number of exciting opportunities to join Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull to drive our continued success.
We are currently seeking to recruit Non-Executive Directors to join our existing Board. We are looking for people with the right level of executive senior leadership experience who have skills, knowledge and competencies that they would like to develop at a governance level.
In addition to the recruitment of new Non-Executive Directors, our current Chair will end her term in November 2020. Building on the achievements and progress to date, we wish to appoint a new Chair who can continue the growth and success of Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our team. Applications are particularly welcomed from candidates with significant expertise and experience of working with Solihull and Birmingham communities.
Expenses only (voluntary position)
We are looking for Non-Executive Board members who can help the board to maintain a strategic role in governing Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull. In particular we are looking for Non-executive Directors to be focused on our delivery in Solihull so a knowledge and experience of Solihull is essential for the role.
Ideally you will have the following skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and/or Social Care systems, national priorities, targets, levers and incentives
- Financial management (previous experience of a treasurer role or experience of financial management)
- Information Technology
- Health and Safety
- Business development
£5,000 per annum (excluding expenses)
The Chair of Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull will be responsible for the leadership of the Board, upholding and reviewing the conditions for Board and ensuring Non-Executive Directors effectiveness.
Ideally you will have the following skills, knowledge and competences:
- Significant experience of Governance in a NED or Trustee position
- Experience of chairing Board and committee meetings
- Executive senior leadership and people management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Social Care in Birmingham and Solihull
- Knowledge and understanding of governance, legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities
In order to apply for a Non-Executive Director role and/or the position of Chair please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter to address the points below:
- Which position(s) you are applying for
- Explaining why you wish to be a Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull Board member
- Explaining your experience and knowledge of Health and Social Care in Birmingham and Solihull
- Providing information on your experience of governance
- Explaining and evidencing key skills and competencies outlined in the role description
- Word limit up to 2000 words
Only the information on the covering letter will be used to shortlist applicants for interview.
Closing date for applications – Friday 20th November, 2020 (by 5 pm)
To be submitted to Di Hickey, Secretary to the Board
Successful applicants will be invited to interview and notified by 5 pm on Thursday 26th November, 2020. (If you have not been contacted by this date you have not been shortlisted for interview).
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 30th November, 2020.