Healthwatch Birmingham and Healthwatch Solihull’s response to the Birmingham and Solihull Integrated Care System’s (BSol ICS) strategy to improve care for people with dementia.
We recommended the following be considered in the strategy:
- The strengths and weaknesses of various partners involved in delivering this
strategy need to be considered and addressed.
- The need for continued engagement activities throughout the life of the
- A focus on how demographics will be captured throughout the different activities to ensure that the strategy achieves its aim of reducing inequalities.
- A single point of access for information regarding dementia services in
Birmingham and Solihull.
- Engagement with service users, families and carers in developing the ‘One Campaign’ to inform the content of the communication materials.
- Greater emphasis on sharing information between services and ensuring a clear line of accountability.
- Training extended to all staff involved in the care and support of people with dementia.