Healthwatch Birmingham’s response to Birmingham City Council’s consultation on key priorities to tackle domestic abuse.
We supported the following strategic priorities:
- Whole Systems approach
- Prevention – Changing attitudes and behaviours
- Prevention – Early identification
- Children and young people
- Safety, Support and Recovery
- Hold perpetrators to account
We also called for greater focus on education for communities, organisations and agencies to enable them to be best placed to meet the needs of survivors and holding perpetrators to account, alongside greater commitment to resources for the lifetime of the strategy.