Have you used NHS Community Adult Mental Health Services in South or East Birmingham?
- An adult who has used NHS Community Mental Health Services in South and/or East Birmingham?
- A family member, carer, or friend of an adult who has used NHS Community mental health services in South and/or East Birmingham
If so, Healthwatch Birmingham would like to hear your experiences good or bad of accessing NHS Community mental health services. We also want to:
- Identify and understand barriers or challenges faced when accessing NHS Community mental health services.
- Explore the views of people about how NHS Community mental health services can best be accessed to meet their needs.
Your experiences will provide important information to help Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (BSMHFT) improve the provision of NHS Community Mental Health Services. Please spare 10-20 minutes to complete our questionnaire. The information you give us will be kept securely and treated in confidence.
What we mean by Adult NHS Community Mental Health Services
Community Mental Health Services provide vital mental health and wellbeing support to people closer to home and their communities. They bring together a range of services available in the NHS and community to help people by providing support, advice, and treatment. They help people with their mental health, physical health, as well as helping resolve issues affecting wellbeing such as money, work, housing, relationships, trauma, abuse, or addiction. Anyone above the age of 18, who is experiencing new or ongoing mental health symptoms, and who has an existing mental health diagnosis such as Bipolar, Personality Disorder, or Schizophrenia can access the service. The Community Mental Health Team are based at local GP practices across Birmingham and Solihull.
Which areas of Birmingham does this study include?
This study is looking at adult NHS Community mental health services in South and East Birmingham.
- East Birmingham = Bordesley, Nechells, Saltley, Alum Rock, Shard end, Kitts Green, Small Heath, Washwood Heath, Yardley, Hodgehill.
- South Birmingham = Bournville, Northfield, Edgbaston, Selly Oak, Harborne, Quinton, Weoley, Rubery.